Slate Roof Installation
A roof can say a lot about a home or business. A beautiful roof can make a great first impression, make that impression last, and increase your home’s value if you plan to sell it in the future. If you’re looking for a visually appealing and elegant roof for your home or commercial property, a slate roof installation may be the answer for you.
Slate is a natural material that can be found in the United States in New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont, and Virginia. It is available in many different colors and grades and is able to be made into tile. Slate tiles have a lot of history in the roofing industry and are considered the highest quality material for roofs.
Slate possesses many qualities that make it substantially stand out from other types of roof coverings.
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Slate is known as the most beautiful roof covering material on the market. It has a very unique appearance that cannot be compared. It is available in a wide variety of natural colors and finishes. Slate tiles can either be flat or rounded to enhance appearance.
- Because of its beauty, slate roofing attracts many new home buyers.
- Natural and Environmentally Friendly
- Slate is a natural stone product. It does not require synthetic materials to create a slate roof covering. Its natural properties make it last longer, decreasing the amount of waste it produces since it rarely needs to be disposed of.
- Slate roofs typically last over 100 years because they are completely natural. While other roof coverings may need to be replaced every 20 to 30 years, slate roofs rarely need to be replaced if they are installed and handled properly.
- Fire Resistant
- These roofs are practically indestructible when it comes to fire. This natural material resists fire and keeps your family safe.
- Though slate roofs are indestructible when it comes to fire and weather conditions, it needs to be handled very carefully. It is recommended that nobody walk on slate roofs. With one hard step, the slate could be completely broken.
- Since slate tiles are sold in bulk, it is very difficult to find and replace a tile if it is broken. Slate is not synthetically manufactured, so it’s hard to mimic its appearance.
- Slate is naturally very heavy; so if you want to replace your existing roof covering with slate tiles, you need to be sure that your home’s structure can handle its weight.
- Since slate is completely natural, long-lasting, and beautiful, it is proven to be more expensive than other types of roof coverings.
- However, having a slate roof will substantially increase your home’s value when it comes time to sell.
Slate Roof Installation in Falls Church, VA
Installing slate roofing requires skill and experience. Since it is so fragile, if your slate roof is not installed properly, it will barely last for a few years, let alone the 100 years it is supposed to last.
We can also be trusted with your slate roof installation because the material is naturally quarried in Virginia. As a roofing company in Falls Church, VA, we are close enough to its production to know all there is to know about slate.
For a beautiful, long-lasting, fireproof roof, consider a slate roof installation. Your new roof will be attracting your neighbors and home buyers alike and will pass the test of time. At JGL, our experienced contractors can make your home in the Falls Church, VA, area look beautiful for years to come with a new slate roof.